Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Recent Patrols and Updates

I love my new .40. It is a Sig Sauer and weights well in my hand, and rides well in its new holster while on patrol.

Warin and Caitlyn and I have been patrolling a lot inside and outside our AO. Lots of leads and rumors and strange scents to follow up on.

A scared werewolf came to our pack seeking refuge. He claimed he possesses much intel that we would like to hear. We put him up in a pack safe house and if half of what he is telling is true we are going to be doing double-duty following up on everything. And we are going to need more dogs, and wolves, to trace it all down.

One thing this wolf claims is that he knows who killed Rex, that it involved werewolves who were working with neos. I let it be known that I want to be involved in the hit when we take them down. I want to hear scream those who killed Rex. I won't need the .40 for that. It will be claw and blade only.

Dionna has disappeared. No one in Grand Lake knows where she is. I have to find her.

I have been sneaking in to see and smell everyone at home, but just during the day. I have been over twice in human form to say "Hi." But it is not the same. As a person I cannot just lay down on the floor and watch everyone. As a person there is a clock running and after a time they are waiting or you to leave.

Jack is depressed. Sherry is angry. Sven and Rick seem to be doing OK, all things considered, playing football and burying their heads in their phones and iPods most of the time. Jack won't say how or what he is doing. But I know.

I cannot find work. Even during the Great Depression I found work. Granted, it was on farms and ranches and small towns, but the country was much more rural then than now. I should leave, move again to some other part of the country, or even back to Canada. But I feel tied to Jack and Sherry and the boys. And to Braden and Tyler, who are having their own struggles lately.

I have been asked to be part of some more operations. But I cannot leave the country again so soon. I have even declined some puppy mill ops in Missouri. Caitlyn is giving me strange looks. Warin says I need to move again, to the mountains. I have always been a mountain dog at heart.

No comments: