Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jason and Jessica, Resuming Ops

Jason and Jessica contacted me several times recently, since returning home. They are inviting me to tactical meetings. They are ready to ramp-up operations this fall. They are insistent. Jason makes cryptic comments about new backers and funding, new equipment, new tactics. I am curious and afraid for them, and for me. Because obviously I cannot ignore them. I have to protect them, go with them to ensure they do not cross certain lines. 

But, the risk is that I will get inside another of those puppy farms and see the conditions those poor children are subjected to, and I might just cross some lines myself. I wish Rex was here to advise me, to tell me to stay away from those two. I know I should. I can't.

We had a pack meeting soon as I got back from vacation. New wolf signs have been detected. It was decided that we must increased night patrols, and recruit. 

Recruit. It always raises such mixed blood in me. It is a hard decision to approach a dog or human about joining, transforming. It is a harder decision to make, to say "Yes". Or "No".


No comments: