Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Movie Watching

Jack and I stayed up late last night watching the movie, The Wrestler. It was after 0130 when it ended. Jack stopped the movie and powered down the DVD player and sat in the dark for a long time, I would say at least an hour. He did not make a sound. I would have known if he had.

To really watch a movie, to understand it and get into it, I have to be in human form. Could not do that last night. I was more focused on Jack. But, I do know that Jack feels a lot like Randy the Ram.

Tyler called late, after midnight. One of the nice things about being a dog is the hearing. I can usually hear both sides of a conversation, including the person on the other end. Last night was somewhat harder than normal because Tyler was alternately yelling and mumbling. He was begging Jack for money, says he is off the heroine.

Jack and his ex-wife have cut off Tyler until he agrees to and goes to in-patient rehab. Jack has researched online and called several dozens of rehab facilities. None of them are cheap. Some are down right ludicrous, in terms of cost. One was $30 grand a month. That one looks like more of a resort. Tyler doesn't need a vacation. He needs to get clean.

Tyler kept saying he feels abandoned. He is sleeping on a different couch each night. He lost his job. I could almost smell Jack's heart breaking. I could definitely hear his heart cracking. I can hear Jack cracking, too.


No comments: