Monday, October 19, 2009

Smartest Dogs























This is interesting to me. Sure, I have known some very smart border collies. Collies in general tend to be very quick of mind. They have to be. They're bred to be herders. And shepherds too. But, from my long-life experience, it is not about breeds. It comes down to individuals.

Humans loves to put other species in boxes. Like this. Which breed is smartest. But ask which human breed is smartest and you will be called a racist, or a eugenicist.

Sorry. I didn't mean "breed." I meant "race." But, I have a hard time with that. Afterall, it is the "human race," is it not? Then how can you have a white race or yellow or black race within the human race? How can you have a race within a race? Can someone explain that to me?

That is why we weres think in terms of human breeds. The caucasian breed, the asian breed, the african breed, etc. And let's be honest. Most humans are mixes, just as most dogs, and most other species. There must be a reason for that.

Anyway, any individual, or any breed, or species, or race, that is trained well, raised in a healthy, loving environment, will likely have higher intelligence.

5 comments:

Brandon said...

I find it funny that poodle is the second smartest breed. When I think of smart dogs, I dont think of poodles.

Pumpkin Head said...

Rave on brother in fur! I couldn't agree more. You're a smart, confident dog, I could use one like you in my family business.

Benny "The Tank"

Chester said...

What is the family biz?

Pumpkin Head said...

Well, some say the family biz is floral arrangements, some say sales, others say were a family of buthcers, still others say...

Benny "The Tank"

Chester said...

Some say floral and some say butchers? That sounds like an interesting business model. Flowers up front, slaughter house in the back?