Thursday, April 4, 2013

Updating - Things at Home

I returned home last October, worn and torn, mentally and physically from my recent travels, which were pretty damn far and wide, to find the house empty. It was locked, but I let myself in, called Warin, alerted the pack of my return, and waited.

Rooster showed up on the second day. He said that he was gone for a few days, long-range hunting and cat-carousing, and came home to find everyone gone.

I still have no idea where they are. I have been hunting and searching, for sign and scent, on the ground and on the net, for any lead to help me find them, or find out where they are or went.

Meanwhile, I have been busy with counter-neo ops, patrols, pack meetings, acting as wolf liaison, catching up with Warin and Caitlyn, who is becoming quite the pack asset.

Then came this training center here in the sticks of west-central Missouri, where we are training and preparing werefolk, both dogs and wolves, for the impending counter-neo ops. I was surprised at the level of decline of martial skills in so many weredogs, but even more surprised at the decline in werewolves, who most dogs assume maintain a sharp edge on their fighting skills.

Not so. Or not so much. Werewolves are being sucked into and seduced by modernity nearly as much as weredogs. And people.

I had a werewolf come see me and tell me she knows who killed Rex. I listened, but was incredulous, at first. She and I have been looking for proof, some of which she already provided to me. But, the more I know the more I wish I didn't know.

No comments: