Thursday, March 13, 2008

800 Dogs?

Going through my news RSS feeds tonight I came across a story about law enforcement officials liberating over 800 small dogs from a trailer outside of Tuscon, AZ. The article said they were all small breeds, Chihuahuas, terriers and Pomeranians. A cop is quoted as saying that, all things considered, the dogs were all in pretty good shape. I don't buy it.

I don't care who the hell you are or how small the dogs are, 800 dogs in a doublewide is way too many. As a weredog, I have to abide by the weredog code not to harm humans. But if I were there, had seen those 800 little dogs, I would have been sorely tempted to do some code breaking. 

I got in late last night. Had a pack meeting that went very late. I got home this morning in time to change and get an hours sleep. Sven was talking in his sleep. He is the only person I have ever known who argues in his sleep. Rex informed us at the meeting that there are indeed werewolves in the area, on the prowl. We are to keep our ears and eyes and noses keen and to the wind. If any attacks occur in our area we may have to start conducting night patrols. That led to discussion. The discussion went on forever, nearly until dawn.

But, it didn't. We broke it off in time for everyone to go to Buddy's. He made everyone omlettes. We talked non-stop, everyone. We might have stayed all day, except Buddy had to be in court at nine. 

Anyone else notice that municipal bonds are now going to be graded the same as corporates? I don't like it. 

Fresh meat to you. 

No comments: