Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bad Boy, Not Posting

My nights have been consumed with patrols, looking for Rex's killers, keeping tabs on Jason and Jessica, and watching over my family. All that has not left much time for e-mails at night. I have not even checked my portfolio for weeks. I am afraid to now.

Werewolf activity has dropped off. Completely. I do not know what they are up to, but I will find out. I think they know were are hunting them, hard. That is god, except if makes finding Rex's killed harder still. But, it is only a matter of time.

Jason led their small force on another raid last week - a puppy mill in southeast Missouri. They killed all the humans. Jason could barely contain himself when he called and told me about it afterward. I told him to get rid of that phone.

Jason is like a tiger that has developed a taste for killing humans. He cannot stop now. I suspect there is something else. Maybe he seeks these killings to help him forget other killings. I've seen it before.

I have spent many nights sitting beside Jack at local watering holes, listening to him our his heart out about Sherry and the kids. I wish I did not know much of what I now know. 

One night I walked into a bar and saw him sitting between two women with big hair. I suppressed a snarl, then told the brunette that Tony Gonzales was oggling her. She flew off that stool gasping, "Where? Where?" I told the blond I saw her husband just walk in. She said, "Oh my God," and disappeared like a magician's assistant.

It is strange closing a bar with the man who puts dog chow in your bowl the next morning. Sometimes I am tempted to tell him, show him, just to see his reaction.


Rick and Sven are into their second week of 7th grade. Things are rocky. Could be better. More on that later.

No comments: