Monday, November 30, 2009

Hunting



I cannot vouch for the authenticity of this, or say where or when it was printed. Could be 20 years old. Or could be last week. But, I can say that I have seen and heard this and other confusions, in regards to hunting and farming.

Ask yourself this: Would you rather be the deer in the field or the steer in the pasture? Which has a better chance of survival?

An ironic twist to this is that werewolves, and wolves, have always claimed that they are like the deer in the field, hunted, but free, and that we, dogs, are like the steer. I, of course, do not agree. I am as much predator as any wolf. I just happen to sleep most nights in a house, on a rug.

But there is definitely something about being on the hunt, pursuing prey, that plucks a primal string in every canine, or human, or felines too, I suppose. That is unless you are one of that species that prefers its meat made at the store.

No comments: