Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Varans

I mentioned that I was visited by Varans. Not a cozy prospect. Few survive a Varans visit.

Varans originated in the 10th Century A.D. as Varangians. They were Russian Vikings turned imperial guards to Byzantium emperors. They were the elite warriors in war and the last policemen you wanted to see during peace. Legend is that as many as half of the Varangians were weredogs.

Their job is that of order. But what about the waerwulfas? you might ask. True.

The Varans have a simmering feud with the waerwulfas of which no one outside those two groups knows the history.

They are neither dog nor wolf. More refined and more terrifying than either, much larger and more powerful, more intelligent and driven.

They found me in Des Moines. I was up there to see some weredogs about a neo operation they had uncovered. We stopped it, with about a dozen weredogs and 4 werewolves. But we did not detect the salmonela eggs disaster. That was neos also. But that was much less than their primary plan.

The Varans told me they had first been told to come kill me, that I had been ignoring instructions to stop certain activities, one of which is this blog. Then they told me that just before they found me their mission changed and they were told to deliver a message.

No comments: