Friday, September 24, 2010

Bo and the Coyotes

The 2 coyotes led me to Bo. She was laying amongst some brush in a nearby field. She did get up as I approached. One of the coyotes who led me there made the introductions. He explained that Bo is the leader of their pack, a local and rather large pack, and elder leader for a large area, which included several other packs.

"So, this is what a weredog looks like in dog form," she said. I just snarled an acknowledgement. "Can I see you shift into a weredog?" she said. I said no, that was not possible just then.

"What do you want?" I said.

"We need to work with you," she said.

"About what?" I said.

"Neo's," she said. "And some other issues that are even more dangerous, to us as well as you."

We arranged a meeting. I will take several weredogs, and werewolves, with me. I do not entirely trust coyotes. They are they most devious of all canines.

"By the way," I said, "attacking the dachsund was just a ruse, right?"

"He was supposed to be my breakfast," said one of the 2 coyotes, disappointment heavy through his teeth. "If not for the girl I would now have a full belly."

I snarled. "Pay attention. If any harm comes to any of my house pack, cats, dogs, any species, I will take it very personal, and make it my personal vendetta to find him or her who is responsible. It would not bide well for our working together. I hope I make myself clear."

Bo snarled. "Fine," she said. "We know where you live, who you are, who are in that house." I nodded, then turned to go. "We do not like to be threatened," said Bo.

I turned back, said, "Good," then trotted off.

Coyotes, gotta admire their moxy. But don't dare turn your backs on them.

No comments: