Monday, November 24, 2008

Jack Unemployed

Jack was laid off from Sprint. It was several weeks ago. I didn't
even know. I don't think the boys know. I hope Sherry does. I found
out the other day.

He is messing up my routine, up late, nights, and around the house
during the day. He is making it hard for me to stay on top of
communications and investments. On the other hand, I am still sore
and recovering from the Halloween adventure. And the camp out. And
LeLoup.

Jack is scared. I can tell. I can smell it. And he is not a man who
scares easily. Many are in the same situation, around here, and all
over the country, the world. This will result in several certain
outcomes.

1) War, bigger than the one we are currently in. Was is always the
proven pressure valve for tensions from economic hard times. When the
people are really pissed off, give them an enemy bent on their total
destruction and a war to eradicate that enemy, and cull the ranks of
angry citizens.

2) Strays, there will be more, mostly dogs, but other animals as
well. As a result, we will se a rise in anti-dog sentiments.

3) Crime will be up. Many criminals will be vets.

4) Increase in government power. Don't blame Obama. It has been
happening ever since World War 2.

5) Werewolves will make their move.

This will be a time when we, weredogs, will do a fair amount of
scouting and recruiting candidates. The werewolves will too.

If I can, I need to help Jack find a job. I have connections.


Chester
chester.weredog@gmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Jack lost his job

Chester said...

Lots of people losing their jobs these days. Just like back in '30. But, Jack is tough, resilient. He'll figure something out.

The thing that bugs me is that I didn't even know, for weeks. You live with people for some years, think you get to know them well, and then they up and surprise you. I once lived with a guy as a pet for 5 years before he came out o the closet. He was a Log Cabin Republican. I had no idea. None. Not that I care, or any dog or weredog, for that matter. We don't. Hey, I lick my balls all the time. Only in dog form, mind you.

I need to get to the bar, Trolley's, soon and have a heart-to-heart conversation with Jack, find out what is up with him, in light of this new information. Ironic that I can only do that at a bar. But, of curse, for obvious reasons, I cannot do it here, at home.