Monday, August 17, 2009

Family Update

12 days since my last post. Been busy. Patrols nearly every night. And out most every day. Things to do. It gets exhausting slipping out and in, 4 times a day, and night. Little time for sleep.

Jack is working days. I guess. He leaves and is gone all day. But, even though I read his emails at night, and review his phone texts, I have no idea what he is doing. But, he is still on edge.

Sherry is silent at home, hates her work in the OR, says the doctors are all bastards. Except for a few. Too few. She says most docs need serious attitude and ego adjustment. Most everyone does. People especially. A few dogs too.

Ricky is now heavier than Jack, 207b lbs. And he is strong. Only 14. He has Asperger's, which means tantrums. For now, Jack can still handle him, when he loses total control, sing just joint locks and pressure points. But, he knows, eventually, he will have to use harder methods, as Ricky gets much larger and stronger. I can smell Jack's frustration.

Sven, the golden boy - intelligent, sensitive, athletic, gorgeous - bears the brunt of Jack's angst, that which is really meant for Ricky. Jack has taken to slapping Sven up side the head, for no reason. Last week he did it 5 times in one night, laughing or snarling each time. I love Jack. But, I wanted to bite the sumbitch each time he did that, each time more than the previous. Jack is really starting to piss me off.

Braden is back from Iraq. Early. Wounded. Convalescence. I had no idea he was coming home. I don't think he did either. He is on something. I can smell it. He has PTSD. I can smell it. He has lost who he is, and what he is. I can't smell it. He is still fighting, his own war now.

I came home 3 nights ago, about 4am, curled up on the floor downstairs, and went to sleep. I was tired. Very tired. I awoke the next morning, late, around 9am, to an empty house. All the people - Jack, Sherry, Sven and Rick - were gone. No sign of where they went. That was 3 nights ago.

I have been keeping things running, feeding all the other dogs, cats, and assorted pests. I don't how to this will play out when they return home. When they return home.

I have been out every night and day looking for them. Nada. My pack has been helping, looking. Still. Nada.

And I cannot find Warin. His scent is cold in his house.

I am in tonight. Sleeping light. Every night is light. Until I find out where Jack and Sherry are, or see them here.

No comments: