Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ricky and Man

I have a new problem at night that is making it hard for me to get out, to even make commo (emails, blog, texts, calls). Ricky has taken to dragging me in to sleep with him. So, each night I now get drug into his room and onto his bed. It is a comfortable bed. So, that is fine. But he awakes if i get down off the bed, nearly immediately. Then he goes looking for me and drags me back up there. Warin thinks it is hysterical. He did, that is, until the other night when an emergency pack meeting was called.

Flecka was in a Bad way recently. Jack was so worried he was sleeping downstairs on the floor with her. Never a good sign. I was very worried too. Her scent was very bad. But the vet finally prescribed a bunch of pills, and some of them did the trick. She is up and around again. Her scent is good again.

As happens every year, I have been trying to explain Christmas to other dogs and pets. They know something us up. But they do not understand it. The only thing that seems to get their attention is when my explanation reaches the point about more scraps. Most really like that. Rooster, seeming even older lately, ancient, thinks it is just another example of man's weirdness, but loves to take naps under the Christmas tree.

I need to figure out how to get out nights. Jack also has been proving difficult. He often wakes up in the middle of nights, with gut pains or anxiety attacks, or both. If I was gone he would notice. When he gets up, he often reads by the fire, and likes to have Flecka and I by him.

No comments: