Friday, September 14, 2012

Counter-Dog and Dentist


I am in southern Illinois. Yesterday I went to see an old friend who is a weredentist. I needed to have my teeth checked and to catch up with and check in with my friend. Last time I saw him was in Budapest, about 20 years ago.

Going to the dentist for werefolk is more involved than for people. The dentist has to check your teeth in all 3 forms - human, dog and weredog. The chairs have to be specially made, to change to fit your form as you shift. A dog's back is not that of a person, and a weredog's is not that of either of those. 

After I was done, three hours later, he and I went to lunch. I met him in Vietnam, on a tour when I was Special Forces and he was Spetsnaz. I know. Odd. But such things happen with with weredogs. He served as a dog once and twice as a Spetznaz adviser. 


Dogs were used allot in Vietnam by the U.S. But the NVA used them too. Soviet influence was key in that. Spetsnaz was the Soviet equivalent of SF. My went back to Russia after the war and for a time lived and worked in Siberia, as a game warden, a tracking dog and a lumber foreman. Over time he spent more time alone. Eventually he left Russian, decided to come to the U.S. for a while. He still has the scent of Siberia on him.

We talked about many things, from RVN, before it and after. One of those topics was counter-dog measures used in RVN.
  • Dried blood mixed with cocaine was effective. But required creative acquisition methods.
  • Caporic acid and I-valoric was nasty.
  • CS powder was simple and effective. Messed up your nose for hours.
My friend said that sometimes animals fats still make him edgy.

My teeth are still sore and I am waiting for the driver of the next leg of my journey to pick me up tomorrow.

No comments: