Saturday, September 8, 2012

Otto Skorzeny Was a Werewolf

I am staying with a weredog named Otto. He is a schnauzer and makes a fine weinerschnitzel. His large cabin sits on a northern lake. Can't say where, exactly, OpSec. I am now sitting on his deck, drinking a chilly brew, watching the waves lap the dock and shore, watching the Wisconsin v. Oregon State football game on an iPad and thinking about maybe later getting a pole and seeing if I have enough range of motion back to make some casts. It is already chilly up here. But not as chilly as where I was. I have 2 blankets wrapped around me.

I will be here a few days. Waiting on the next stage of my transport and resting. My wounds are recovering with regular werespeed. Otto is a good host and great cook. If I stay here too long I'll be a fat dog in no time.

The name "Otto" makes me think of Otto Skorzeny, probably the most famous German commando of the Third Reich, in World War 2. And he was one of the most ferocious werewolves I have ever known. I know this because one of my roles in WW2 was tracking down and killing Skorzeny. This operation was a weredog op that was known about and operated entirely by weredogs all the way to the top of Allied Command. We failed to get him.

After the war Skorzeny managed to stay alive, caused trouble in Germany in the post-war years, got arrested then slipped out of Germany to Spain and moved to Ireland and all over. He was a bad wolf on the order of Carlos the Jackal (also a werewolf) in his later years. Worse than Carlos.

There is a pack of very active werewolves, the leaders of whom are descended from Skorzeny, who are very active in European politics and economics. We try to keep an eye on them.

Otto tells me there are some odd scents and rumors coming from the woods to our northwest. I asked him what exactly. He only shrugged, said he could not say for certain until he checked it out. I offered to go with him, assured him that I am healed enough for a short run in the woods, that my muscles could use the exercise at this point. He said "We'll see."

Now to find another beer and a rod and reel.

No comments: