Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Missing Little Girl

No post in a week. I have been to busy. My pack is still busy patrolling for wolves. Things are bad at home. I have been going out night tracking Sherry and Jack, seeing what, if any, trouble they are seeking. 

A new emergency arose recently. Five days ago an emergency pack meeting was called. We assembled late at a local bar. Most of the lights stayed off. The last dog arrived at about 0240. Rex was not happy. A couple of newer members messing around at the soda guns did not make him happier.

Taffy told us that a little girl was missing. Taffy said it was a girl who lived on her street. The girl's mother put her to bed and the next morning she was gone. Pandemonium had broken out. Parents are going beserk. The cops  are pulling out all the stops. "I read about this," said Buck.

Taffy said that she got into the house, with her woman, in dog form. "I smelled wolf scent," she said. "It was faint. But it was there."

It was quickly decided that we look into the missing girl. And not just because the possibility of wolf involvement. Weredogs are not allowed much interference in human affairs, in the crimes of man. The exception is children. When children go missing, or are subjected to violence in any form, weredogs are not restricted. Muzzles are off. We are free to do whatever we must. 

Special teams were assigned to focus on the missing girl. Rex and I were chosen to head-up teams. We will support the wolf patrols as need be.

No wolf signs have been detected lately. No suspicious attacks reported in newspapers. I have not caught Jack or Sherry doing deeds to be regretted. At least not anything that makes my olfactory bells go off.

I will post more often. There is much to tell.

No comments: