Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Vacuum Horror

I just put away the vacuum cleaner. It has been left out for days, since house cleaning this past weekend. Sven was the last to use it. Flecka has been staying ten feet from it. I put it away. Enough.

Flecka, like most dogs, is terrified of the vacuum. Anytime Sherry or Jack, or the boys, tries to do any vacuuming, she runs and hides, shaking like a cornered rabbit. Bella goes beserk, barking like crazy. Sometimes I join in the barking. Not sure why. Something in me just needs the bark when I feel that vacuum. 

Most people explain it that the noise made by vacuums strikes a decibel level that drives us dogs crazy. That is true. But, more it is the story that dogs tell about vacuums that is most of the trouble. 

Dogs created a vacuum alien story years ago to explain vacuums. According to the story, to dog doctrine, Vacuums first came to earth many centuries ago, in space ships, from an alien planet a far distance away. They subjugated the earth, man and dog, and all the other animals. For centuries the Vacuums ruled earth, keeping dog and man as slaves. Life was misery. It was a dark time.

Then dog and man rose up, together, against the vacuum aliens. We drove them off the earth. For good. Freedom and peace were restored. Thanks to man. And dog.

Sound like a crazy story? Hey, I'm not saying if it is true or not. But, to tell you the truth, I don't think it is any more or less crazy than that story of your about Satan. 

Everyone is asleep. I am heading out again tonight. Every night, lately. Rex and I are going to go back to where we lost the girl's scent and try to regain it. The more time that passes the worse things could be for that little girl. And I don't mean death. There are worse things than that. Things I won't talk about.

 Fresh meat to you.

No comments: