Thursday, June 25, 2009

Noses and Neos

I have been out every night since my last post. As soon as I hear everyone is asleep, I slip out, for pack meetings, patrols, visits and updates.

One night I went to the local lab where we took the neo body those months ago, after the ambush at the puppy mill. The weredog who met Warin and I works there as a pathologist. She is a knock out, has an incredible scent that I smelled clearly through the cloud of chemicals. I'd love to see her in dog form. 

Anyway, she said that the autopsy results are very disturbing. For example, the blood is like nothing she has ever seen before. 

"How so?" I asked.

She could not say. Elements of it simply are not identifiable. But, the one thing she does know is that neo's are definitely a new species, a new type animal, and are not entirely mammalian. 

"What are they then?" said Warin.

"I don't know," said the hot pathologist.

Jack is gone everyday. I have no idea where he goes or what he is doing. Need to find out. 

Ricky is at a camp for aspergers kids.

Flecka' nose is worse. Jack had the vet do a biopsy on it. The results say that her nose is being attacked by an autoimmune disorder. That is what is causing her nose to turn green, to crack like porcelain some days, and others to look like it is melting of her face. 

The vet told Jack yesterday that the treatment is steroids. The 2 options for that are pills and topical cream. Steroids will make her incontinent. The cream she will lick off. No idea which way Jack is going to go. I have tried to talk to Flecka about it. But, dogs have a hard time discussing health and medical issues. 

I have been sleeping throughout most days lately. I have to. I get no sleep at night. Have to. I usually slip back in just in time to have one of Jack's beers, catch some ESPN, and shift back to dog before Sherry gets up at 5am to get ready for work. She always walks past me and says, "Lazy dog." I always have an impulse to bite her.

So, now I need to grab some crash.

No comments: