Monday, June 1, 2009

Tracking Jack

I spent 1 night each, since I have been back, tracking Jack and Sherry. Last Friday night I was on Sherry. Saturday night was Jack.

Both went out with friends to various bars, drank too much, flirted too ambitiously, and returned home way too late. Sherry was flirting with a guy at a bar called Nick & Jakes that looked like a throw-back to the 70s sitcom. I wanted to rip his arms off. Jack was making eyes at a floosy who was wearing enough cheap perfume to gag a maggot. 

Everyone is on edge. There's too much yelling and screaming in the household, too many hurt feelings, to many unnecessary wounds. And too many empty water bowls. OK. There is one water bowl. But it is empty far too often. I fear that Flecka is dehydrating. 

Ours is not the only family. My pack tells me that it is pandemic. Sprint and GM and many other big employers here in KC are laying off and there's no jobs to back fill those that are lost. Tosk, of my pack, says that the father in his family, an experienced DBA, is working at Starbucks.

Also, Jack is buying cheap beer. Very bad sign. I hate cheap beer. And it is a measure of last resort for Jack, I assure you. And it's not like I can buy my own and hide it in the fridge. 

Jack is looking at overseas PMCs, corporate merc work. He sees no other choice. He says he hates the idea, but has to make some money, and would like to "Get the hell out of Dodge" for a while.

Braden  is supposed to return from Iraq soon. His unit is rotating back. Jack is eager to see him back and out of there. 

The boys snuck out the other night. Jack is not aware of this. I am. Great. Now I have to follow them at night, as well as Jack and Sherry. If this trend continues I will never sleep. 

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Im sorry to hear about your troubles at home. I would say that things will get better but, I dont know if it will.

Chester said...

No one does. That is part of the mystery of life. You think you have it all wrapped up, then Bango! your Bernie Madoff pulls the pin and you're broke. Or you think you'r done, destined to end your days under and overpass and Baboom! your daughter wins the international Red Bull High Energy Exotic Dancer competition and you are set for life.

Kidding. No one knows. Nothing. For certain.

Brandon said...

I wouldnt have life any other way. It would be boring.