Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dogs and Sensuality

I was at the bar tonight with Jack. He was pounding beers like Flecka
goes through doggy biscuits. I bought Jack a Jack, straight up.
Didn't take long for him to start opening up about misery at home.
Before I sensed her incoming, a woman named Jalecyn homed in on him
and his unhappiness like a shark on fresh blood.

Jalecyn had cougar tattooed on her inner thigh. I could smell it. She
had come in with a friend, a blonde with hoop earrings big enough to
shoot three pointers through. The blonde left and Jalecyn stayed. It
took her less than 3 minutes to be standing at the bar next to Jack.

Within 5 minutes Jack was smiling, all misery forgotten, telling
Jalecyn lies and intimacies, things I did not even know. Finally, to
my amusement, he began telling all about his dogs. And call me
biased, but he talked more about me than Bella or Flecka. So, I sat
there on my stool and listened to Jack tell all about me, how I bark
at everything, am a picky eater, love to pick fights with larger
males, have the most gorgeous yellow and gold coat, and noble muzzle.
I almost said, "Oh, stop."

Jalecyn was transfixed. What do you know? I thought. She's a dog
person. Or an animal person. Or something. She said she thought men
who understand dogs are sexy. Jack's nostrils and pupils dilated to
about the size of my eating bowl. She went on at length, describing
her doberman, how she likes to let him sleep on her bed, especially in
the winter, even though she knows she shouldn't, how she like to sleep
late with him weekend mornings. She described petting him, around his
head and tummy. She was turning Jack on. Hell, she was turning me on.

This ties in with the common knowledge that you can tell how sexual a
woman is by how she is with animals, particularly dogs and cats.
Watch a woman, or a man, and how she or he is with a dog, how she
touches the dog, pets the dog, and you know a lot about that woman's
sensuality, how she would be horizontal. People who feel compassion
and attachment for dogs tend to be the same with people. People who
will not allow themselves to love animals are probably stingy with
their love for other people. They see love as a liability, not a
liberation.

I figured at one point that I would have to throw a bucket of water on
Jack. But he turned to me and said, "Time for home." I said, "Right
behind you." Then I remembered that I had to go home on four paws and
slip back into the backyard before Jack got there. Jaclecyn could
tell he was wrapping up. She tried to get him to stay, with looks and
eyes and yearning, and said, "Why don't you stay?"

Crap. Someone is coming downstairs. It's Rick. Gotta shift.

Chester
chester.weredog@gmail.com

No comments: