Saturday, April 25, 2009

Broke Down in Marshall

We're not in back in KC yet.  Our transport broke down. 

We left the shelter in Peoria on Friday morning with a woman named Patsy in a beat up Windstar minivan. The moment I laid eyes on that vehicle I worried that it would make it.  I've never seen so many shades of rust.

Not Patsy. She brings new meaning to the phrase "high strung". She never shuts up, or stops moving, even when driving. She stands somewhere amongst middle age, has long, luminous red hair, and laughs all the time, at everything. It's maddening.

The transport was Snowball, Lucky, me, and a boxer-mix named Rocket.  Rocket matched Patsy in energy level.  I put Snowball in the front seat next to Patsy. Lucky rode in Patsy's lap. Me and Rocket rode in the back seat. We alternated between me threatening to bite off his balls and me laughing so hard I thought I'd pass out. Rocket is the most annoying and funny bastard that I have known in a long time.  

Everything was going great . . . well, fine, until around Columbia I started smelling burnt oil.  It was a short while later that I started seeing smoke.  The smoke resulted in our winding up on the side of the rode and PAtsy calling AAA on her mobile phone. That wound us up here, in Marshall, Missouri, in a foster home. This blew our transport to hell.

I have no idea how or when we will get back on track and make it to KC. So close. I am on this ancient PC of this foster family, the Kellermans. They are nice people. But, earlier this afternoon they were watching and enjoying Lawrence Welk. I'll say no more about that. But, there is no e-mail on this PC about transports. They must all do it via phone.

I assume that the transport coordinator, whoever that is, is cobbling together drivers to get us the rest of the way, to KC.  Our destination is supposed to be Denver, except or Rocket. Rocket is going to KC.  Snowball, Lucky and I are bound for Denver. But, I need to get home, jump this train in KC. But, I cannot do that until I see Snowball and Lucky to safety, until I know they are safe. Not sure what I am going to do. I really need to get home, see Flecka, Sparkle, the boys, and Jack.

Sorry, Libby, that I cannot come down there, to Georgia. I got to get back home, to KC. But there are numerous weredog packs in Georgia. We will link you up.

Any weredogs about in Marshall, MO?  I could use a ride.

No comments: