Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Still Breathing in the Twin Cities

I am in Minneapolis.  I just got back from Canada.  Had to find a weredog up there who lives with wolves. 

On the way to Canada I passed through Detroit. Saw an old SF bud from Nam. Name's Bob. He's a retired cop. He lives wit 2 retired police dogs. I was surprised, pleasantly, to find that one of them is a weredog. Name's Rack. We knew some of the same people. Rack and Bob both told me some worrisome stories.

Bob's life is spent caring for his wife, who's in poor health, and caring for the autistic son of a former partner. The partner, a good friend, died 5 years ago. He asked Bob to look in on his son. After the wife died and no one was left to care for the kid, looking in on the kid became caring for him full time.  The kid is now 26, lives along in an apartment, can barely cook, spends his days playing video games.

Waerhund is the werename of the weredog I went looking for. He told me a lot, that much of what I have been told is not true (surprise), that the neo's are not all that new, and that wolves have rarely actually attacked humans over the centuries.  He said wolves have long taken the blame for human killers and psychopaths and rapists and plunderers and pedophiles and the whole gammut.   

Waerhund said that poison has been the most used tool to kill wolves.  Wolves get smart quick about rifles, learn to stay out of range. But, raw roadkill meat laced with a sweet poison works about every time.  I too know about poison.  I was in France in '18.  

"Why should we suspect the neo's are any worse than men?" said Waerhund.  He is very old, many centuries, maybe more than a millennia. I do not know for sure. I did not ask. But, his scent is not that of dog, not entirely.  

He and his pack live in an area north of Montreal, northwest of La Tuque. I was with them over a week, hunted with them, ate with them, slept with them.  I can still smell wolf on me.  Kinda like it. It's growing on me, so to speak.

So, I am here in Minneapolis, staying with an old friend, named Ivan.  Tomorrow I am on the move.  

Thanks for asking about my breathing, Brandon. Ironic, I had just got onto a PC to check in and post an update. 



No comments: