Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rescue Stats

Being part of the shelter and stray system, once again, has led me to reflect on all the homeless dogs and cats.  Allow me to share some stats.

National statistics: 

Only 1 out of 10 dogs born ever get a home. 

Only 1 out of 12 cats born ever find a home. 

800 dogs & cats are KILLED each HOUR in the U.S, because there are not enough homes for them. 

Saving one animal may not change the world, but, it will surely change the world for that one animal.  Helping dogs, or cats, or any other animal does not steal charity from children. It expands the attitude of charity exponentially. This I know to be fact.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Wow I didnt know that many animals dont find a home. That's horrible.

Chester said...

Oh, I got stats better than that, or worse, I guess.