Thursday, April 30, 2009

In Denver

I am in a Marriott in Denver, the one at City Center. Nice town. Always liked it here. Spent some time here in the 60s, at Fitzsimons Army Hospital, thanks to some wounds, courtesy of Charlie. And I attended Ilif Seminary some years ago. What, you never heard of weredog clergy? Come on. Doesn't that make sense?

We got Snowball and Lucky here. I checked out their new family. Good people. Had a detour on the way here. Finally got them to safety, the new family, on Tuesday morning. I got a little choked up saying goodbye and good luck to those 2. Snowball gave my face a good licking. Lucky kept asking why I was leaving. 

So, that cut me loose. So, I called Dionna.  She came down from Grand Lake, got here yesterday, on Wednesday, in the morning. We spent the first half of the day in the room. Spent the rest of the day and last night walking around, eating, talking. There is a bar in this hotel, the D-Spot, that has a good selection of single malt scotches. 

Speaking of weredog clergy, there have also been werewolves that have donned the clergy clothe.  Ever heard of The Inquisition? But, things have changed a lot since then. Wolves, and dogs, have changed a lot since then. 

I am on Dionna's laptop. She is still asleep. It was so dang hard to get up an hour ago. This bed is incredibly comfy, like a dream. Amazing how good a bed feels after spending time in crates and on concrete.

I got up last nigh and watched a movie, while Dionna slept. It was called Twilight, the teen vampire romance movie. It's interesting. Bella and Edward trying to resist their forbidden love. Well, him, not her so much. I don't usually go in for vampire movies. Such silliness.  At least there are no bats in this movie. 

I need to figure out a plan to get home. I was so close. Passed through KC earlier this week, on I-70, on the way here to Denver. No regrets though. Had to see Snowball and Lucky to safety.

Dionna is looking warm and comfy. I think I'll slip back into that luscious bed. Housekeeping is going to throw a fit when they see all this hair.

No comments: