Friday, July 3, 2009

Flecka's Nose

Flecka's nose problem is an auto-immune deficiency.  Jack nearly yelled at the vet, "My dog has AIDS?!"

I heard Jack retell to Sherry about the vet visit. Jack is very vocal in his retellings. The vet said that no, Flecka does not have AIDS, which is a human only disease. Flecka's condition is just a dog affliction. 

The vet said you treat it with steroids via either oral or topical. He said the oral would probably make her incontinent.  Jack opted for the cream, knowing that having Fleck pissing and shitting in the house would have bad impacts on Sherry's moods.

So, Jack has to put this stuff on Flecka's nose twice a day and hold her head and nose for 10 minutes to keep her from licking it off. Sometimes she cooperates. Sometimes she doesn't. I tried to explain to her what is going on. She said she doesn't care. She doesn't like it. 

I've never heard or seen such a thing. A dog's nose is about as important a piece or anatomy as any that a dog has. What is a dog without a nose?  People clip our ears and bob our tails. But thank Dog that people have never messed with our noses.

Ricky had a major tantrum the other night. He hit Sven in the face, knocked him down, and threw Sherry across the room. Jack had to take him to the floor and restrain him like a POW. What triggered Ricky was that he was told that he could not go to a movie with a friend. 

There is a new weredog in our Pack. Her name is Duchessa. She goes by "Dutch." She just moved here, just shifted back into human phase, is looking for work. Said she's worked a lot in law, but wants to take a break from that. She's a looker. I'll get a pic of her, in dog form, of course. Tonight. We have a pack meeting.

Rooster has been missing for a week. A couple days would not worry me. A week worries me. I like that mangy ol' cat. I put out the word to keep all eyes, ears and noses open for him. Sparkle keeps asking me if he will come back. I tell her he will.

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July. Dogs hate the Fouth of July. The firecrackers drive us nuts. Even most weredogs hate it. Those who can clear out of town and go somewhere quiet. Hopefully Jack will give me a sedative.

No comments: