Thursday, July 16, 2009

Made It Out

Jack slept tonight. I made the meeting. Good thing. And I did not have to drug him or knock him out. I swear.

Also - I found Rooster. He has been missing for just over a month. I saw him near where the meeting was, miles, and miles, from home. I called to him for 2 minutes before finally he approached me. 

"Hey. It's me. Chester," I said.

I looked at me like he could not think who that was. Then his body relaxed, some, and he came right up to me and said, "Got any food?"

I told him I did not, but at home I could fix him up. He looked at me. "Home?"

"Yeah. You know. The house with all the people, and food. The people provide the food. Remember?"

Too much to tell about the meeting. Suffice it to say that Warin needed my support. There are allot of nervous dogs around here right now, some willing to do anything. Someone learned of Warin's ancestry and some started howling for an inquisition. Dogs are worse even than people when it comes to inquisitions.

Need to sleep now. Up at 6:0am when Jack gets up to feed up. Flecka insists on eating early. 

No comments: