Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hallowen

It was suggested that maybe I won't be leaving home for a while, given that the werwolf threat has hit home.  Good assumption. But, not the case.

I cannot afford to stay in nights. Not now. I must meet again with Diella, for various reasons. I need to know what she knows, about this division within werewolfdom, and if she knows anything that can lead me to Rex's killers. Also, I need to understand how I can be intoxicated by her scent, that of a shewolf, and how that can make me feel guilty in regards to another shewolf. Things are getting weird.

During Halloween weredogs are out in force, covering haunted houses and other venues that are good hunting grounds for werewolves, who like to feast on fear as well as flesh.

Werewolves like to volunteer at haunted houses. They act like people acting like werewolves. Nice irony, huh? They then prey on the people going through the haunted houses. They don't usually kill or eat their prey. Werewolves, remember, feed on fear. So, often they just scare the living bejeesus out of people. And no one is the wiser. Only occasionally do they kill. Too much attention and questions.

Most people who encounter werewolves in haunted houses are freaked, but just figure t was part of the show. Some people who encounter real werwolves in haunted house are effected afterward. They cannot just shrug it off. They know something just happened. They smell the breath, see the teeth, and know intuitively it was more than just some guy in a mask.  

2 years ago I was working The Beast here in KC.  Basically I just kept going through. I would pay, go into the house, and just wander. Eventually, after an hour or so, I would exit, go change my hat or jacket, then go back in. There were 4 of us weredogs working The Beast that night. I and another dog were acting as patrons. The other 2 were working as volunteers, one of them, ironically, in weredog form as a werewolf. He said it was embarrassing, that people tended not to be scared of him, but to be drawn to him. He said women, and men, kept stroking his coat, saying, "Man, that is a great costume." Kids kept hugging him. 

Anyway, I digress. It was about 9:30 pm when I heard something I knew was real fear. I found an access door, to the back area, to be used only for staff, and let myself through. Back there I found a werewolf slobbering over a teenage girl. She had stopped screaming due to fear. I could tell the wolf was debating whether to really kill her or not. 

I came up behind him, grabbed him by his head fur, twisted hard left, then right, heard his neck crackle, then threw him against the only brick wall in the small space. (Throwing him against the plywood walls would not have been good.) Then I was on him, with punches and claws, before he could recover. I meant to kill him.  But, he managed to leap upward into the high ceiling timbers and escape out a window. One of the other dogs said she saw him go, but could not go after him.

Still in weredog form, I turned to the girl and said in my nicest voice, "Having fun? Isn't this great?" She could not respond. But, her eyes got big as headlights. I placed a paw on her shoulder and said, "It's alright. Really." She hugged me, my only hug that night. 

I guess we made a lot of noise, because I woman wearing an ID badge on a lanyard and a black t-shirt that said The Beast came busting into that back area and about screamed, "What the hell is going on back here?" She looked at me and said, "Who the hell are you?" I said my name was Bob and that I was new. She was looking me up ad down, brows furrowed, then said, "Hey, who did your make-up." Just then the girl whimpered. I said, "I better lead her out. I'll catch up with you later."

So, you see, I cannot afford to stay in, not this week. I also need to meet up with Jason and Jessica. They are going loose canon. And I have not been able to get ahold of Warin.

Gisella's leaving. I got to take Bella and Flecka for a walk. I need it too. Then I need to get ready for tonight.

If Jack stays home Sherry and the boys are safe. He cannot take a werewolf in hand-to-hand, not even with a large Gerber or Buck knife. But, with a .45, my money is on Jack. As I have said, he is a former Army Ranger. He can shoot, and under pressure. Contrary to common myth and Hollywood BS, werewolves are not impervious to fast moving lead. Weredogs either, for that matter. We are of flesh and bone, after all. 

So, I got to figure out how to keep Jack home, this week at least.  And next. And after that. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it's good that you have someone who can watch over the house while you are gone. Why do none of them notice when you are out of the house?

Anonymous said...

Look, I know this question is completely out of the blue and that you have no reason to answer me, especially over the internet, but im quite desperate. Ignore this post if you wish. How do you become a weredog/wolf/whatever?

Chester said...

Actually, it is Jack's house, his and Sherry's. He is the alpha. I'm just the dog. Even though I am a weredog, I am the dog, one of the dogs, in this family. That is until time runs out on this dog phase and I have to switch back over to being human for a while.

The safest time for me to get out is at night. I can do it during the day if necessary. But it is risky. Nights are easier. And I have conditioned my family to think that I like to stay out a lot, that I am a house dog. This is quite ironic, because I tend to appreciate a toasty warm home. When I have to be gone for more than one night, for several days or more, then I have to run away, so to speak. I hate to do that because the boys and Sherry worry so much. And they always post so many lost dog flyers all over. The rest of my pack always hassles me mercilessly.

How do I become a weredog? Do you mean how does the transformation go down? And werewolves too? Oh boy. There is no short answer for that. I'll do a post on that soon. Weredog scientists have actually done a lot of research in the past 20 years so we can better understand it ourselves.

Anonymous said...

That would be nice to know too, but what I ment was how does someone else that isnt a weredog/wolf become one and is it even possible?