Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dog Fighting


Weredogs have always turned a blind eye to dog fighting. It was just something we could not change. I have even known dogs who liked it. But I tended not to turn my back on them.

But dog fighting is on the rise all over, even in the U.S.. Even around here, in Kansas and Missouri. More and more weredogs are talking about it and getting riled about it. And reports are coming back from other parts of the world about dog fighting. They do it a lot in Afghanistan. Weredogs over there, in uniform and out, are feeling pulled to do something.

Interceding on puppy mills kind of opened the door for weredogs to interfere in the affairs of people. I am seeing more and more such interference in other matters. This coincides with the appearance of Neo's.

Another form of canine brutality is pen fighting. It is legal in Florida and several other states, but done also in Missouri. It amounts to putting wild foxes and coyotes in a pen with dogs that then tear them to shreds. Bets are made on how long the smaller fox or coyote will last, or which dog will make the killing strike. I cannot see the sport in this. Much talk amongst weres about this, even amongst werewolves, who usually maintain an attitude of "To hell with everyone else as long as they don't come after me."

But it is hard not to see the connection between these pits and other forces at work in the world, which even werewolves cannot ignore, especially in their new era of alliance and connection, with weredogs, dogs, and other canines, and humans. There seems to be forces working counter to these new forces of connections amongst and between people and dogs and all species. There are reasons for this that I will share, that I have learned in my recent travels. I came to realize they are also behind my reasons for starting this blog. At the time I thought I was doing it for entertainment. Come to find out, I was not.

No comments: