Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Love Triangles


I am always surprised by all the excitement people sometimes fuel up over movies. This recent, I think 3rd, Twilight movie, Eclipse, or whatever, just came out or is coming out. People are going nuts. Mostly teenage girls and middle-aged women. But I don't get it. Even some of the female members of my pack seem to be drawn by this story.

The gist is this girl, Bella, is in love with a vampire and a werewolf, and torn between both. Can someone explain to me how anyone could be torn in that decision? On one hand you have sex with a a canine, a wolf, with whom there is no risk that he or she will rip out your neck in the throes of passion. Sure, sex with a werewolf involved a lot of howling and growling. But who doesnt like that?

On the other hand is sex with a flying rodent who in all likelihood will rip out your neck when he or she reaches or approaches orgasm. Not my idea of a good time.

And take my word, sex with a canine is fantastic, especially werefolk. But then I might be a bit biased. Hey, I've never had any complaints, from members of either species.

So can someone explain to me the whole bat thing? What is up with that?

The other part of this story/movie is how they portray the werewolves. In these movies they simply look like very large wolves, like boreophagus probably looked back when they ruled the land, those millions of years ago. Why did they do that? Weredogs think it is because they could not come up with a werewolf look that was not too scary. Unfortunate, since werewolves, in wereform, can be very attractive, just as is the case, of course, with weredogs.

This movie has a climactic battle between bats...sorry, vampires, and werewolves. I might have to rent it someday so I can see that.

I know this is all fantasy. People that change into bats, or vampires, or whatever. Ridiculous. I know. Oh well. People need their monsters, their horrors, their night terrors. Just like they need Jerry Springer and The National Enquirer. Now there is something I really do not get. But don't think I want to.

Oh. Love trianlges. Right. I have had a few of my own. Maybe I will tell the stories of some, someday.

No comments: